Monday, January 25, 2016

Contrasts

Welcome!

today a new home decor project for Tresors de Luxe
as I saw the great black lace, I thought, yes - just right for my home decoration project. It was a christmas gift and I was happy about this, but it must be more suitable to our home.
As you might have already noticed, I love contrasts, not only in colors, also in style. Generally are my favs altered items, but it can be also more fantastic and magic.  
But I will not tell so much, but rather show a lot here, or :-)?!


a combination from romantic vintage style with a touch of steampunk


that's my first tryings with the die 'Tattered flowers' from Tim Holtz



 with lighting 



crackle paint effects
distress ink + stencil diamonds
and this magical black lace

If you have questions how I do this, please ask me!

Challenge

Blog Studio 75 - #1 Vintage

studio75, wyzwanie, vintage

Anything but cute #9  : RING OUT THE OLD, BRING IN THE NEW
i use my new black laces and also for me new Bigz Dies 'Tattered flowers' from Sizzix,
 it was my first try to use lace in combi with steampunk touch and the contrast black/white in altered art 



Thanks for your visit
Have a nice week!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful project. Thank you for joining us at Studio75 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done!!!
    Thank you so much for joining our Ring out the Old, Bring in the New challenge at Anything But Cute!!!!
    Hugs

    Samra DT
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful project! Love all the details!
    Thank you so much for joining in our Ring out the Old, Bring in the New challenge at Anything But Cute! Branka DTx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerstin, such a beautiful home decor piece with dramatic contrast of old, punky, and crusty with the elegant black lace trim! Gorgeous and wonderfully done! Thank you for joining our Ring Out the Old, Bring in the New challenge at Anything But Cute. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gorgeous piece of lace looks so beautiful and is a wonderful contrast to the cogs. I love the way the words 'shine' with the light cast on them!

    Thanks so much for joining in our 'Ring out the Old, Bring in the New' challenge at Anything But Cute. Anne DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful project! Thank you so much to joining us at Studio75 challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate all your comments. Thanks so much!