Wednesday, May 11, 2016

The crane dance

Hi friends!

Every year, the lively dance steps of the resting cranes attract huge crowds
of spectators. 
I saw it on the Baltic sea and I can say it's really majestic and magic!


I wanted to try necessarily new sculpture medium in connection with Archival cast (figureheads)
from Prima
that's my first result


I hope you can see the fabric around the figurehead 
and the inked fabric (green, yellow under the photo)
you need patience until the material is dry
but it creates wonderful 3D effects!

 Inspiration challenges



one of my fav. sayings :
“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage 
to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide 
 I love it to try out, to leave my comfort zone over and over again



Thanks for your visit and I hope you like my sea theme
because in the next you will see more and sea and ocean and underwater ;-)
and of corse new ideas with Tyvek!

Happy crafting


6 comments:

  1. Wow, stunning work. Love the design and your choice of embellishments together.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, love how you embellished it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Kerstin....love the design and the styling! Beautiful, beautiful! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page Kerstin! Thank you for playing along with us at Finnabair blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all marine projects! Thaj you for playing along with Finnabair :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These shells and pearls are too cute :)

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate all your comments. Thanks so much!