Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Enjoying Outdoors - Tutorial with Maja Design

Hello creative friends!

Today I want to explain how you can create a vintage romance layout
with an altered 3D frame as your central focal point.


I create a very simple layout because the paper alone gives all the magic effect.
 I think is one of my fav in this collection 'Enjoying Outdoors' - 'Singing in the rain'.
I love the beautiful edge design and the girl on the right side and
I like people who smile when it's raining.
Times are not always easy, but I always try to make the most of it. 
Take a break from the hectic everyday life and relax.
 
I started by creating an altered frame for my photo.
Want to see how I made this? Here I have some photos from the making.
Now to the background, first I primed with clear gesso, then I used Distress ink 'Seedless preserves'on a stencil, it's the same colour how you can find on this paper sheet.
Next, I added a Glimmer Mist Spray 'Kiwi' from Tattered Angels
to the background arround the area of the photo.

then I use two die cuts to add more dimension
(Wordlet 'Do what you love' and 'Girl under umbrella')
with papers from 'Vintage Romance'.
Afterwards I choose some embellishments to decorate this romance layout,
 for instance from Prima Marketing (garden gates, butterfly), flowers, lace, fabric leftovers,
 water drops, little resin flowers. 
I builded a small cluster on the right side under the photo.


suitable to the titel 'singing in the rain' I added some pearl drops
 and another umbrella from a die cut, as well as a clockface 
from the 'No. XVI' (Vintage Autumn Basics) above with a glass cabochon.
The 'Welcome' sign is a photo cutout with a underlaid folder music paper sheet.


3D look
 
This project was so much fun to create and I love the 3D effect that you can build up. 
Questions??? you're welcome :-)!
I hope my project can give you some inspiration for your work with Maja Design papers.
What is your favourite paper sheet?

Happy crafting!
Kerstin

1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely lay out, Kerstin! I love the colours you have combined and that music sheet frame is utterly beautiful! (loved the Snap Guide tour as well).

    Hugs,
    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate all your comments. Thanks so much!